Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
The Flesh Cartel, Season 1: Damnation - Rachel Haimowitz, Heidi Belleau Um...I don't even know what to say. This was probably one of the hardest books I've ever read. I feel horrible saying that because usually I'm all for the "dark" books. Something about having these horrible things happening to men just twisted my stomach in ways it doesn't when I read about the same situations women are in. (Gosh, I cannot believe I just admitted that).

So, here is my review, plain and simple: I'm now hooked. I'm hooked because my morbid curiosity has gotten the best of me and I truly want to know what happens to Mat & Dougie. I'm hoping that I have experienced the worst of what happens to them (because that has very well scarred me for life)and that it can only get better from here...what ever better may be.

What I liked about the book: I like that I could see it from both brothers POV. I liked the beginning and end where you heard from "the buyer". I also liked the relationship between the brothers...that I think is what broke me too.

What I didn't like about the book: I did not like that there was not a clear switch between the POV's. I found that a little confusing...I had to go back and re-read to see who was talking. I had a really hard time with the content and how horribly graphic is was. (Now, that is also what kept me reading--see very morbid fascination).

All in all--I gave this 4 Stars. I'm afraid to keep reading and will probably wait a minute before continuing the series...but I will come back. I have to know if everything works out.