Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
Revealing Us (Inside Out Trilogy, #3) - Lisa Renee Jones I freaking love Lisa! I have to compile all my thoughts and feelings....right now, I'm a little speechless.

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

“No talking. No in between. All or nothing, Sara. I’m offering that to you, and you have to decide if you really want it. There’s a reservation in your name with American Airlines. I’ll be on the plane. I hope you will be, too.”

To leave or not to leave? That truly is the million dollar question. Sara is so torn about what to do regarding her relationship with Chris. On one hand, she knows that despite everything they have been through, he wants her. He wants to give them a chance to grow and flourish as a couple. He also does not want to force Sara into something she may not be ready for. After what happened at Mark’s estate, and learning the fate of Rebecca, Sara is more worried and concerned than ever. More importantly, she has yet to hear from her best friend, Ella, who has been missing for quite some time.

So, what’s a girl to do? Follow her head and find answers to the ever-present mystery of “where’s waldo”, or follow her heart to Chris to talk things out; coming to a solution to their relationship that suits them both. Sara knows that if she doesn’t choose to follow Chris, she has said her last goodbye to him because he is leaving either way. Deciding that the only way she has a shot of happiness is to follow Chris and get the answers she seeks. Answers only he can give her…to more than just the fate between the two of them.

“I am home. I’m home because I’m with him. And I kiss him as if I will never kiss him again, as if I’m dying of thirst and he is all that can quench me. And I believe he is…’Tell me you’re here because you want to be, not because I forced you.’ ‘You aren’t leaving without me’…”

I was so riveted by this story (and not just this one, but the entire series). In Revealing Us, the mystery remains even though it surrounds a new person, a person who was introduced at the very beginning and inadvertently brought Sara and Chris together. A person who essentially opened the doors to questions asked and answers revealed. This person is now missing…she has vanished, just as Rebecca had. The only difference between them is that Rebecca was murdered by nothing more than a jealous lover. Ella’s fate has yet to be determined and at the end of this book, we get a glimpse of just what she has been through.

But this isn’t just what the story is about. It’s more than just going from one missing girl to the next; no, this is a love story. A twisted and sometimes dark love story. A story of complete openness and trust between two people. A story about being laid bare straight to your soul for the other to see. A story about the relationship between Chris and Sara; a journey where the outcome is unsure. There is vulnerability and fear. It is so clear how each one of them feels, it’s as though I am them. Secrets and past discretions that can either make them stronger or ultimately, pull them apart.

“I lean forward and frame his face with my hands. ‘You can tell me, or show me, anything.’ His expression turns solemn. ‘I know, and I’m going to. And that’s what scares me more than anything.’”

Jones continues to surprise me with each installment of the Inside Out Series. With every page, I am more engrossed and cannot tear myself away for even a minute because I’m afraid that something will happen without me! The journey Revealing Us takes you on is nothing short of amazing. Set in a different place where love and mystery go hand-in-hand, I wanted nothing more than to hop a plane and see the events unfold before my eyes…that is how real this series has become to me. So, yeah, you can say I absolutely loved it. Waiting for the next installment is going to be torturous!

**5 Revealing Stars**