Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
Pulse (Collide, #2) - Gail McHugh “I know you’re the one who said you thought you loved me from the moment you saw me, but I know I loved you form the moment I saw you. Something inside me told me I was supposed to be with you, but I fought against it. So many things about you scared me at first, and then you showed me who you really are…But more than anything…thank you for loving me.”

Picking up right where Collide left off, Emily is starting over yet again. I can honestly say, this was a welcome reprieve from the feelings I had in Collide. I knew it could only get better for her from this point forward, regardless of how things played out. What I didn’t see coming were the little twists throughout the story that made me laugh, cry, cringe, and at one point stop reading all together. I wouldn’t trade any of those feelings; that is what makes a story so fan-fucking-tabulous!

Watching the new-found strength in Emily as she embarked on entirely new territory; she and Gavin both grew immensely in this book. I loved the banter and inside jokes, I love how things come full-circle, and how when one is persistent enough; anything is possible. And what else can I say but…Gavin Blake. Holy Sex-on-a-Stick, completely-lickable, absolutely-swoon-worthy-to-the-umpth-degree. I can’t even…I mean…what…this has got to be real for someone! So, in other words, I loved him.

“I want to break the rules with you. Kiss you passionately every day. Make you smile when you’re about to cry. I want no regrets with us. I want us to laugh together until we can’t breathe and it hurts. No man will ever love you the way I’m going to love you, Emily. You’re it. My last. My forever.”

Having a man declare his love like that is just awesome…Emily is one lucky girl. What I waited for was the little bombshell that I knew was bound to happen because no great love story/triangle is complete without it. What I didn’t expect was how long I had to wait in order to find out the answer…talk about being drug out! And in between, seriously had flashbacks of another book I read where I cried for days…if I hadn’t read a recent interview, I may have stopped reading, that’s how real it was.

Piqued your interest? Read the book! You definitely won’t regret it, and even if you are like me and find out things ahead of time…it didn’t ruin the good cry I had; it just kept me from losing my sanity (and killing my friend for making me drop everything and read this ahead of the other books I’m reading—love you Jess!)

“Baited. Hook. Line. And. Motherfucking. Sinker.”

**4.5 Layer Peeling Stars**