Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
Claiming Lauren (eXclave, #1) - Emily Ryan-Davis ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

"Open meant acceptance. Open meant agreement. Open meant...Submission."

Lauren Brant is the perfect society wife. Married to a man in name only, serving as his companion on business functions but living in separate houses in different cities on different continents. Loneliness is par for the course...

Joining an online club, Lauren learns the art of submission and makes plans to finally meet her Master. All she has to do to make that a reality is call her husband.

"I didn't call to tell you about my travel arrangements. I called to tell you I'll be in Michigan. Meeting a man. Submitting--he's a sexual Dominant. I'm meeting him because I'm going to submit to him."

Bracing for the brunt his reaction left her confused when he didn't react at all. Her conscience guilty over being openly unfaithful even if there is nothing more to her marriage that a binding contract.

Steeling her resolve, Lauren goes to her Master. Meeting him in a shady hotel and submitting to his will. He takes her to new heights in her desires and all without ever revealing his identity...exactly the way she had requested. But now, Lauren isn't so sure that's what she wants. what if she wants more? Master gives her everything she seeks and that scares her.

"Tell me to stop and i will. I don't want to scare you. I want to push your limits, to claim your edges as my domain. I've wanted to give you this freedom since the first time you told me you felt trapped."

Lauren felt trapped no longer....Master had freed her. He made her feel beautiful, desired and sexy. Now, she just had to remember that once she returned home.

Home...Jacob was waiting for her when she returned. Wanting nothing more than to brush his invitation to join him for the evening, Lauren's guilt kept her mouth shut. Jacob was taking her out to dinner and she would play her part in their marriage roles.

Only dinner was not what she had expected. Instead, she was introduced to an entirely new side to Jacob. A side of him she wasn't sure she wanted to see...

"You have options. You have me. Be mine. Belong to me."

Holy wow! For a novella, I am absolutely floored! This story read like a novel, a very steamy novel and I loved every second of it. I will definitely be picking up more from Emily Ryan-Davis. This was hot and yet romantic all at the same time. *sigh*

**5 Online Stars**