Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
A Taste of You (The Epicurean, #1) - Sorcha Grace Advance copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley.

May contain slight spoilers!!

First, let me start by saying...yum. I loved how food, sex, mystery, and humor all intertwined to create this delightful morsel of a story. William is your typical Alpha male who is used to getting what he wants & doesn't take "no" for an answer. I know it's been done many many times before but when you pull his brand of sexy and his background (even though tragic, still loving) into a storyline involving something as simple as food, it's a wonderful twist on the domination factor. I mean, who wouldn't want a man who comes to your house, brings chocolate, covers you in it & licks it all off...all without so much as removing his shoes? :-) William cooks, cares and showers Catherine with gifts, what's not to love, right?

Catherine was also a nice spin on your typical "weak" female, meaning she isn't weak at all. She carries guilt from her past, and a stigma because of it. She has the most amazing best friend (Beckett--whom I adore) who helps her without being too much of "that" friend. Catherine is independent, successful and not too young. She's had life experiences which make her a more mature character without actually having the number of years to show for it. While she's not sure what he wants in her love life, she is focused with her career and proves that a man isn't needed but wanted and I really enjoyed that about her.

Now, to the juicy part...the HOT love scenes!! That's really all I can say, they sizzled! Any combination of food and sex has me completely sold...those are two of my most favorite things & to see them played out on the pages in front of me had me hungry in more ways than one! I loved the connection between the characters and how most of the scenes seemed actually "doable" (no pun intended). ;-) I really enjoyed their conversations, both in and out of the bedroom...William has quite the sexy imagination and that was hot. Catherine's inner dialog was also very good and not too over the top. She's funny & witty, even when she doesn't think she is and that made her all the more real.

Now, the worst part...WTH happened at the end?!? I thought I didn't get the entire book and kept trying to turn the page! Seriously, what a way to end the book...it was like watching a movie or tv show where the screen goes black all of a sudden & you think the cable went out. I yelled at my kindle, "NOOO!" I would've liked to have known it was "to be continued..." Although, I obviously figured it out, sometimes when I'm in the moment, I need that blurb, just to reassure me it's not actually over!

I very much look forward to reading the next installment of this tale, William & Catherine are just getting started and I cannot wait to see what kind of courses the create in and out of the kitchen! Oh, and Beckett & Alec too!