Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
A Terrible Love - Marata Eros Review: A Terrible Love by Marata Eros
“Her pleas go unheeded. I bear witness in a dark locked closet; shamed, terrified and soaking in my own sweat and tears, I hear what he does and I can’t stop it. Faith saved me, and my apathy murdered her.”

Jess Mackey is a sophomore at the University of Washington, far away from home. She tries to blend in, stay anonymous amongst her peers. With dark blonde hair and blue eyes, no one could possibly know she’s really Jewell MacLeod, daughter of a Presidential hopeful, and missing for the last two years.

“His smile flashes in the night and he holds out his large hand. I slip mine inside his and he pulls me to him, placing a gentle peck on my lips and I sigh. Mitch is safe.”

Mitch Maverick is gorgeous; glacial colored eyes, head full of dark, shaggy hair, athletic build, and what’s better; he’s a nice guy, a gentleman. Jess is undeniably attracted to him from the very first time he comes near her. As he attaches her dance audition number to her chest, she realizes that it’s been long enough. It’s time to date again, share her life, at least a little; surely Mitch would be perfect for her.

“Castile is like an unmovable force. A hurricane on a course destination known only to it. The trajectory likely to change at any time. Taking anything or anyone in its path. As I look into those dark eyes, I know I am in the eye of the storm that is Devin Castile.”

Dangerous, relentless, “a hurricane” of a man; Devin Castile wants Jess. He wants her body that is, no relationship, just sex. Never did he think he would have such a connection with her and Cas will do anything to have her. She doesn’t know it but Jess needs protection and Cas will do anything to do just that…even risk exposing himself and ruining all of the carefully laid plans of others.

“’I’m not a prize,’ I say, ‘something to be won or…whatever.’ I hold my hands up to the side of me. ‘I’m just a girl that likes a guy.’ ‘Two guys,’ he probes with uncanny accuracy. ‘Actually…yes,’ I say. I don’t share. ‘May the best man win, then, Jess.’”

Game on…

This is more than just a game, more than just a love triangle even; this story stems so much deeper. Jess is afraid and mistrusting. Because of her past, she struggles to move forward, to live, to love. One man can help her, one man will hurt her…but it’s more than just her heart on the line.

“They recognize it for what it is and take heed, avoiding the area where a lone woman has come full circle…”

Oh. My. Gosh! This book carries so much of everything I love in a story, I can barely form words. From the very first page, I was completely enthralled and I didn’t put it down until I turned the last one…wishing for more! This story is superbly written with both the author’s use of language as well as character development & plot. My heart leapt, it ached, and it broke. I laughed and cried…there were times when I held my breath in anticipation of what would come next. This is not just a love story, but also a mystery…a mystery of the girl, the boy, and Faith.

An AMAZING read—I give this tale 5 Terribly Lovely Stars!