Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
One Tiny Secret - Adam Kunz Hmmmm...not what I was expecting, but I liked it! Review coming soon...

Review:

“So the lie is all set. I told my dad that after work today, I’m having a little late-night study session with Rory and Alex for a big test on Monday. I guess it’s not a total fib. We are going to be hanging out tonight, except it will be at a party, and we will most definitely not be studying.”

Danielle “Dani” Marks is a typical teenager. She tells little white lies to her dad in order to get away with doing things he would never let her do (she is the daughter of the sheriff after all). Problem is, one lie turns Dani’s life upside down when her childhood friend and neighbor goes missing.

Getting caught is the least of Dani’s worries now that her father has lost his trust in her and she starts receiving haunting and threatening texts from Unknown. Someone is out to get her and Dani has no one to turn to. Afraid of bringing her two BFF’s into her nightmare, Dani turns to the one person she swore she’d never speak to again…Parker Reed.

Parker is back in town after running off to California in hopes of getting Dani off his mind and out of his heart; he was wrong. Now he’s back and want another chance. Dani doesn’t want to go there but Parker was her first…everything; and her body betrays her every time he gets close.

“I can’t, Parker. Not with everything else that’s going on,” I say, sliding my hand from under his and grabbing for the beer bottle. “I’m not asking you to,” he replies. “I just want you to know that you’re not alone in this.”

The situation escalates as more people are put in danger or worse, killed. Dani tries to keep herself together, all the while trying to convince her dad that someone is after her (and everyone else in town). How many more people have to get hurt or die before he believes her? And what about Parker?

Dani has some tough decisions to make; she better choose wisely or more people will die…maybe even her.

This book was not what I expected…and I really liked it! It took me back to my teen years when I read primarily horror and made me realize how much I enjoy this genre. Now, don’t misunderstand; there is a definite love story here but in the middle of that are layers of suspense and that’s what kept me turning pages. Great read and I look forward to more!

**4 Scary-Story Stars**