Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
Stealing Harper - Molly McAdams Oh. My. Gosh. I am completely wrecked...UGH! Review to come, I need to grieve the loss of Chase...again.
Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out...

Heartbroken photo: heartbroken heartbroken.jpg

“I wasn’t used to insignificant girls not wanting me. And she had no idea how bad that was for her. It just made the challenge that much better. I would get her. And I would enjoy breaking her heart.”

Chase Grayson, resident bad-boy. He hooks-up, sleeps around, but doesn’t settle down. Why would he when girls throw themselves at him? Partying, drinking, sex with a different girl (sometimes two) every night sounds like the way to go…until the stormy-eyed redhead walks into his house. Her blatant disgust for him becomes a challenge; one he’s going to enjoy. But who is she anyway and why can’t he just leave her alone? She’s his sister’s new roommate, Harper. Game on!

“Challenge or not, she was already getting under my damn skin too much for me to think clearly…I didn’t know where the protectiveness for her came from, but somehow I knew I’d do anything for this innocent girl, and I’d kill anyone who tried to take that innocence from her.”

I can’t even think of how to start. This book wrecked me in a big way…and I ALREADY knew what was going to happen! I sobbed like a blubbering fool; in the school car-pool line no less (talk about embarrassing) but I just HAD to read it.

“Harper, I will love you for the rest of my life.” She sucked in a quick breath but didn’t turn to look at me, and before she hopped out of my truck and away from me, she whispered softly, “You will always be in my heart, Chase Grayson.”

I loved seeing this unfold from Chase’s POV and it only made me love him more…I can’t say the same for Harper but I guess when communication isn’t forged honestly, things get messy. Even with knowing the outcome of the story and trying not to read to the end, I did and it was more awful than I thought it would be…I mean, ripped my heart out, awful, but well worth reading and so good at the same time. Thank you Molly McAdams for breaking my heart twice (and a third time as I write this), it was truly the sweetest, most beautiful pain.

“Her eyes were red, her cheeks splotchy, and she looked like someone had ripped out her heart. Me. I did that. I’m the one who put that look on her face.”

**5 Soul-Shattered Stars**