Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
Selling Scarlett (Love Inc., #1) - Ella James I have never had this much trouble writing a review before...*frustrated*

“Holy crap. Holy insanity. Holy vagina.”
--Ella James, Selling Scarlett

Bottle water heiress, Elizabeth (Liz, Lizzy, Libby) DeVille is a virgin. It doesn’t seem like a big deal until an accident leaves her friend, Cross, in a coma. Without proper care after his parents write him off, Lizzy decides to cash in her V-card to the highest bidder…

“’We’ll put you up on billboards around Vegas and we’ll talk you up. Something like…’Selling Scarlett’.” “And I’m Scarlett?” “Yeah. You like it?” I’m not sure how I feel about it, but I say, “Yeah. Scarlett sounds good.”’”

Whiskey heir, professional poker player, and playboy, Hunter West doesn’t do relationships. With a complicated past, it just seems easier to pay for his affections. Hunter is a regular at Vegas brothel, Love Incorporated, owned by his long-time best friend, Marchant Radcliffe. Hunter enjoys his “no strings attached” lifestyle until a devious (and in my opinion, crazy) Priscilla Heat decides to use him in ways no one thought possible. Next thing he knows, Hunter wakes up after a night with one of his favorite escorts, to a massive hangover and a missing girl…with him being the main suspect. Keeping his distance from Vegas and Love, Inc. seems like the best thing until he finds out about “Scarlett.”

Ah, the plot thickens…

“’This is good for you,’ he tells me. “Real good. You got a price I wouldn't dream of and the bidder is a good guy. That’s a Disney ending.’”

Or is it?

This book has so much more to it than just what the title indicates. There are sub-plots, a plethora of characters, and a constant change of POV from Elizabeth to Hunter (which I actually enjoyed—it’s like getting both sides of the story at once). This tale is a tangled web of secrets, lies, lust, sex, politics, crime, addiction, money, abandonment, resolution, friendship, trust, and ultimately, love. At the beginning, I was confused and overwhelmed by all of the descriptive wording used by the author, sometimes it was a bit too much but the story-line held true and the ride Ms. James took me on was definitely a memorable one. I look forward to the next installment of Love, Inc.

**Four Heated Stars**