Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire There is just something about reading a story from both sides...

"She seemed pissed about something, but I ignored it. She probably just wasn't a morning person. Although with that logic, she wasn't really an afternoon or night person, either. Come to think of it, she was kind of a cranky bitch...and I liked it." --Travis Maddox

I absolutely love Travis Maddox!!!! That boy is his own brand of crazy & the way he feels about Abby...*swoon*. Travis also has a wonderful relationship with his family. His brothers and father are an amazing addition to the storyline...and when he comes home, drunk & heartbroken, *sigh*, you not only read, but feel the love from his family. I cried. His relationship with Shepley (and America) is funny and true. They honestly love him and Shep is the epitome of what a best friend should be. I love their dialog, their conversations had me laughing out loud, and re-reading over and over, just to laugh again.

Watching the story unfold from Travis' point of view was like reading a totally different story, I knew what was going to happen, but as I read it still felt new. Brava Ms. McGuire for taking Beautiful Disaster and turning it around for all to see from the other side. Walking Disaster was just as brilliant, and the epilogue...LOVED IT!!

I very much look forward to reading more from Jamie McGuire, a little spin on America & Shepley perhaps? :-)