Nessa

~V~ Whirlwindbooks

When I'm not performing my duties as a mother, wife, trainer, taxi-driver, tutor, or chef, I read. I have a foul mouth (which I try to filter--but most of the time, fail), and I love to write.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Whirlwind Books

quotes Vanessa likes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Vanessa has completed her goal of reading 102 books in 2013!
hide
Trust (Believe Series, #1) - L.  Chapman *Advance Copy provided by the author in exchange for my honest review*

DNF @ 45%:

Oh boy...this is the hardest review I've ever had to write. I literally have a stomach ache over it, but this book was just no bueno. I was driving the people around me insane as I continued to make comments and complain about the content...even my status updates are whiny. (For the record, I'm not a complainer at all) I just could not get into this book.

I am so sorry to the author, and I really wanted to like it. It just wasn't even close to believable for a contemporary piece. It was too fast forward and I just could not wrap my head around the "fairytale" of an HEA like this.

Maybe I'm off base and I look forward to reading reviews from others as it's released but this book was just not one I could sit through, I'm sorry.

**Update**

Today, I finished Trust. Determined to not be a quitter (and I felt horrible that I did not give it at least a 50% chance), I have a little more to add.

First, it deserves another star; so I adjusted. It did get a little better, and I can see how the author wanted to the story to play out. I loved Annabelle in this story (but again, it felt like the timeline was off...they were too cozy too fast) and Megan & Mark became a little more believable...but when Rich comes in the picture, it just confused things and really hasn't gone anywhere. Maybe that is saved for a later story...

Second, L. Chapman, I just want to say; you are a very gracious and nice person. No doubt you have a heart of gold (your bio is a true test of your character--I love that you were a DJ). ;-). I do hope to read more from you and I commend on your courage for putting yourself out there, laid bare, for the world to see.

Third, please make sure you give Trust a try. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean someone else won't love it. I look forward to hearing others thoughts!